Polyurethane vs Metal
Polyurethane offers significant advantages over metal
Metal chemistry, while diverse does not offer product designers the flexibility to specify multiple physical properties, instead limiting the options and becoming very costly to manufacture. If you are looking for a material that weighs less, easier to handle, generates far less noise, and can typically outlast some metals by up to three times more in many conditions - then thermoset polyurethane is your answer! To learn more about thermoset polyurethane and how it can meet the most demanding performance requirements, click here.
- Quieter operations; as metal generates noise while polyurethane absorbs it
- Polyurethanes are lighter weight, making it easier to handle and operate
- Ideal combination of abrasion and wear resistance in corrosive environments
- Polyurethanes can be semi-conductive for electrostatic dissipation or transferring a charge
- Cheaper to manufacture, without the need for welding, machining or other expensive processes