Polyurethane vs Metal
Polyurethane offers significant advantages over metal. It weighs less, easier to handle, generates far less noise, and typically outlasts some metals by up to three times more in many conditions. Metal chemistry, while diverse does not offer product designers the flexibility to specify multiple physical properties, instead limiting the options and becoming very costly to manufacture.
- Quieter operation as metal generates noise and polyurethane absorbs it
- Lighter weight makes it easier to handle and operate
- Ideal combination of abrasion and wear resistance in corrosive environments
- Polyurethane can be semi-conductive for electrostatic dissipation or transferring a charge
- Cheaper to manufacture, without the need for welding, machining or other expensive processes